CALL FOR PAPERS | Deadline for paper submission: June 1st, 2018
The International Conference on Universal Village, now in its 4th year, is established as the premier venue in exemplifying a desired future society that pursues human-nature harmony through the wise use of technologies. Universal Village concept signifies that we should follow the law of universe, protect environment/eco-system, understand humans' need in depth, and innovate new lifestyles, thus providing sustainable happiness for humanity’s future. UV2018, to be held on October 23-24th, 2018 in Boston, USA, will provide leading edge, scholarly sessions for researchers, engineers, and students alike to share their state-of-the-art research and development work in the broad areas in developing Universal Village. The conference will feature a diverse mixture of interactive sessions: core technical sessions of high quality cutting-edge research articles; inspiring keynote speeches; insightful panel discussions from domain experts; and posters representing emerging ideas. UV2018 expected to call for collective effort across multi-disciplinary fields in order to develop collaboration platform, and to find a systematic, coordinated, long-term solution for future. The theme for UV2018 is “Diversity, Mobility and Connectivity for Emergence of Harmony in Universal Village.”
- Last day for paper submission: June 1st, 2018
- Notification of paper acceptance starts on: July 1st, 2018
- More details can be found on the Important Dates page.
- Authors can submit SHORT PAPERS (within 4 pages) or REGULAR PAPERS (5-6 pages) in IEEE format.
- The best papers will receive UV2018 Best Paper Award and get published at the journal Frontiers of Computer Science.
- Online submission will be opened at the end of March.
- Papers that have been accepted and presented will be included into the conference proceedings. Authors of accepted papers (or at least one of the authors) are expected to register in full and present their work at UV2018.
For additional information, contact UV2018 Program Committee at UV2018.email@example.com
Diversity, Mobility and Connectivity for Emergence of Harmony in Universal Village
1. Intelligent Transportation and Urban Planning
Intelligent transportation, intelligent vehicles and its infrastructure
Traffic control & management, human-centered transportation
Urban planning, human mobility, distribution services, information circulation
2. Healthcare and Well-being
Pervasive & non-invasive health-monitoring
Personalized healthcare & Intelligent nursery
Senior care and assistive technology for mobility-challenged residents
Public health: changing trends and emerging new technologies
3. Intelligent Communities & New Life Styles Enabled by Big Data & AI
Information & Communication Technology to improve quality of life
- Social media, education and communication
- Security, safety, reliability and privacy protection
- Seamless wireless network, mobile computing, cloud storage
Intelligent monitoring & sensing. Robotics for dynamic applications.
Integrated energy management & Treatment for zero-emission
Response to emergency and global climate change
4. Data Management
Big data: data storage, vitalization, visualization, integration and mining
- Human-centered computing & Planning & decision systems.
5. Green Energy and Materials
Emergent 3D printing and its applications
Energy-saving, greener manufacturing for electric vehicles and building constructions
Frontier of Artificial intelligence(A.I.) for advanced nanoscale materials development
Emergent materials for advanced electronic and photonic devices and novel sensors
Smart materials for ecological systems and health care
Renewable energy production, capture, storage, and transmission
- Solar energy: photovoltaics, solar thermos
- Wind energy: emergent wind turbine materials and novel design, simulations of tornado energy and its applications
- Hydrogen: solar splitting water, fuel cells
- Biomass, natural gas, and hydroelectric energy
- Emergent battery materials and technologies for safer and higher energy density batteries
- Energy storages and grids
6. Blue Energy and Materials( invited keynote speakers and posters)
Emergent technologies and devices for ocean wave energy capturing and storage
Emergently Anti-corrosion materials for blue energy devices
Challenges in Ocean Energy Storage Grids and Transmission
Blue Batteries based on the uses of ocean water
Modeling of the applications of hurricane
Theoretical simulations of ocean wave energy and its applications
7. Ecological and Environmental Systems
Innovative agriculture, Green roof
Ecological economy and strategy
Integrated solutions & new life styles to eliminate waste & pollution
Environmental protection and trash management
Effective microorganism technology
8. Special Sessions
System integration, implementation and evaluation
Culture / technology / habits and their changing trends
Urbanization: impact and challenges. Regional, cultural, and political factors.
Collaboration across companies, governments, universities and different countries.
Entrepreneurship and new investment for new UV technologies.